Health Care & Medical Volunteering in Nepal
Health Care & Medical volunteering program in Nepal, is being designed to meet the needs of basic health care facility and Sanitation awareness issues in Nepal. In this program, volunteers can work in local clinics, take part in rural outreach programs and collaborate with medical providers to develop and implement health education strategies. Your work helps to improve basic health care facilities at the grass-roots level, where the impact can be the most significant.
It is estimated that hundreds of thousands of Nepali people, particularly women and children, suffer unnecessarily due to a lack of basic medical care facilities! Currently, VCAP Nepal is seeking personnel with medical background to apply for volunteer work providing basic health care to impoverished rural populations and children of orphanages in Nepal. We encourage medical students, nurses, and medical doctors who are willing to experience on international health care to apply for this program. If you have interest or experienced in a particular field, let us know and we will try to create a program to meet your needs!
As a Volunteer in this program, you will get involved in any of the following activities;
Quick Program Information
- Working in Local Hospitals, Community Health Posts & Health centers etc.
- Providing Public Health Education in Schools and in rural communities.
- Organizing short term Medical camps in association with local health posts & health centers for the people of the locality of your placements.
- Participating in raising awareness of sanitation and Public health concerns.
- Program Duration: 2 weeks - 12 weeks.
- Location of project: Various locations inside and outside Kathmandu Valley.
- Accommodation and Meals: Volunteers will stay with local host families, & will be provided 3 meals a day according to Nepali menu.
- Working Time: Flexible; 3 – 5 hours a day / 5 – 6 days in a week, rest of the time is free.
- Training & Support: In-country orientation, Pre-departure helpdesk, Local in-country team and 24hr emergency support & services are provided.
If you like working with rural communities in Nepal in Health & Medical sector for promoting Public Health by providing basic health care facilities and medical care aid to the people of Nepal, then this can be the right volunteering program for you!